We are honored and proud to be the recipient of the Isle of Wight County Business Excellence Award presented by the County in which Farmers Bank was organized 100 years ago,” said Richard J. Holland, Jr., Chairman of the Board & CEO. “If we have excelled, the good people of our County have contributed significantly to our success over the years. Isle of Wight County has been gracious to Farmers Bank and we are very appreciative.
Windsor, VA … Farmers Bank has been part of the western Hampton Roads community for 100 years. In honor of this amazing milestone, the Bank is hosting a year of celebrations and invites the community to participate in their “Century of Memories” contest. Here’s how it works:
Area residents are invited to bring items from the past 100 years as well as Farmers Bank memorabilia to their local Farmers Bank branch. A photo will be taken and, with your permission, may be posted in the branch and on Farmers Bank’s social media platforms. A random winner will be selected each month at each bank branch to receive $100 in honor of the bank’s 100th year. In addition, a grand prize winner will be chosen in November and will receive $1,000.
Objects such as medals, photos, letters, coins, antiques, maps, clothing, checkbooks and savings passbooks, and anything else associated with Farmers Bank and/or the past century would be welcomed.
“The legacy of the past century lives on in countless ways and not least in the memories, objects and artifacts handed down through the generations that are still treasured today,” said Richard J. Holland, Jr., Chairman and CEO of Farmers Bank. “The items will remind us all of how our lives have changed and yet one thing remains the same–the prompt, courteous service of Farmers Bank. We look forward to seeing what our neighbors bring in as we celebrate 100 years of treasured friendships and service,” he added.
Much has happened in the past 100 years. In 1919, Woodrow Wilson was President of the United States. A first-class postage stamp cost two cents. And two products were introduced that changed lives: rotary dial telephones and the pop-up toaster.
Here in Windsor, five local business leaders planted the seed for a new bank. Shirley T. Holland, who was a recent college graduate, became the first cashier and later president of the locally-owned financial institution. Farmers Bank was and remains a community bank focused on customer service.
This memorabilia contest will be one of many special activities taking place throughout 2019 in honor of Farmers Bank’s 100 Years Strong campaign For further information, please go to: www.farmersbankva.com.
Farmers Bank, founded in 1919, is headquartered in Windsor, VA, and is a full-service community bank which operates seven branches throughout Tidewater Virginia. Additional information is available at the company’s website, www.farmersbankva.com.
Updated 08 Jun. 2017
Farmers Bank, a wholly owned subsidiary of Farmers Bankshares, Inc. (OTC-PINK: FBVA) is pleased to announce that it has acquired a majority interest in Manry Rawls, LLC, a property and casualty insurance agency. Since April, 2014, Farmers Bank has owned a one-third minority interest in Manry Rawls, LLC. With the most recent transaction, Farmers Bank increases its ownership to two-thirds of the agency, which will continue to operate independently under the name Manry Rawls, LLC. Both Farmers Bank and Manry Rawls have been fixtures in the local marketplace for many decades. The partnership is representative of both organizations’ deep continued interest in remaining focused on local customers and meeting their needs, regardless of size.
This most recent increase in its ownership interest illustrates Farmers Bank’s continued commitment to diversifying its non-interest revenue streams and its continued commitment to the property and casualty business. “We’ve been extremely pleased with the return on our original investment in Manry Rawls and are excited to increase our ownership” stated Richard J. Holland, Jr., CEO of Farmers Bank.
Manry Rawls, LLC operates three offices, one each in Franklin, Courtland and Smithfield. Additionally, the agency operates two other agencies, Shirley T. Holland Insurance and the Lifsey Insurance Agency in Windsor and Emporia, respectively. For more information about Manry Rawls, please visit www.manryrawls.com. Farmers Bank, founded in 1919, is headquartered in Windsor, VA, and is a community bank which operates seven branches and services areas throughout Tidewater Virginia. Additional information is available at the company’s website, www.farmersbankva.com.
MANRY RAWLS, LLC AND FARMERS BANK ANNOUNCE NEW PARTNERSHIP
WINDSOR, VA — Manry Rawls, LLC and Farmers Bank are pleased to announce a partnership between the two organizations. Under the arrangement, Farmers Bank has become part owner in Manry Rawls, LLC. The agency will continue to operate independently under the name Manry Rawls, LLC. Both Farmers Bank and Manry Rawls have been fixtures in the local marketplace for many decades. The partnership is representative of both organizations’ deep interest in remaining focused on local customers and meeting their needs, regardless of size.
V.S. “Vee” Pittman will lead the partnership, while Farmers Bank will continue to concentrate on lending and banking services, both heavily concentrated on Main Street and agricultural businesses. “We are glad to be able to strengthen our company in Franklin and look forward to bringing more new jobs to the area,” said Pittman. “Farmers Bank is well known for its service to its customers and the community in which they live. We look to help expand that reputation in the years to come,” he added.
As Farmers Bank has grown over the years, it has sought ways to continually reinvest in the communities it serves. Manry Rawls will complement the considerable investment in Southampton County which Farmers Bank exhibited when it opened its newest branch in Courtland in April 2013. “I see this as a valuable partnership between two community and service oriented businesses. We are both locally owned and operated with strong commitments to our communities and the people we serve. This association strengthens both Farmers Bank and Manry Rawls’ ability to remain independent and allows us to continue to offer products and services to our respective customer base in a manner we strongly believe in. We, at Farmers Bank are excited about the opportunities that will arise for both organizations in this new endeavor,” stated Richard “Dick” J. Holland, Jr., CEO of Farmers Bank.
Manry Rawls, LLC operates two offices, one in Franklin and another in Courtland. For more information about Manry Rawls, please visit www.manryrawls.com. Farmers Bank is headquartered in Windsor and has six offices in Courtland, Smithfield, and Suffolk. For more information about Farmers Bank, visit www.farmersbankva.com and www.facebook.com/FarmersBankVA.
- Don’t use public WiFi: Try to avoid public WiFi networks when you’re taking advantage of all the great holiday sales available online. Public WiFi is wonderful for looking up general information, but if you’re accessing your bank account or entering sensitive information like a debit or credit card number or password, then it’s much safer to do so over a private connection.
- Follow these rules on your mobile device, too: Many people aren’t waiting to start their holiday shopping on Black Friday anymore. In fact, consumers have started to use “Mobile Thursday” as a jumping off point, when they online shop over their mobile devices on Thanksgiving Day. Just make sure to follow the same security guidelines you do on a desktop computer, and squeeze in some time for food and family.
- Ignore links: Don’t click on popup ads or spammy emails that promise amazing deals. Clicking on one of these suspect sites could compromise your security and personal information. Simply click the “x” button that’s usually on a top corner of the screen, or delete the email without opening it.
- Look for secure URLs: If a URL address begins with “https,” then it is likely to be more secure than a site that starts with simply an “http.” The “s” stands for “secure,” and is a good sign to look out for.
- Search for URL changes: Also keep an eye on the URL when you first enter a site. If the URL changes when you enter the payment screen, then you might want to double check that you’re using a reliable source. Cyber-criminals sometimes establish fraudulent sites to solicit personal information from customers.
- Shop on known websites: Only enter your card and personal information on websites that are established, well-reputed and that you’ve used before. If you have any doubts about a site’s integrity, then it’s probably better not to take the risk.
- Talk to your kids: If you have kids who are old enough to shop online, make sure to have a conversation with them about web safety. Let them know what information is sensitive and can be used to commit identity theft. Teach them safe habits like checking their bank account statement frequently.
- Update anti-virus software: Before you start your online shopping spree, it’s a good idea to update your anti-virus software.
- Use cash or a credit card: When holiday shopping, it’s best to use either cash or a credit card instead of a debit card. This is because it’s much easier to recoup losses if fraud is committed on your credit card.
Enjoy the holiday season and amazing sales, and stay safe and secure while doing so!
WINDSOR, Va., Sept. 25, 2015 /PRNewswire/ — Farmers Bankshares, Inc. (FBVA), the Windsor-based holding company for Farmers Bank, announced that the Board of Directors has declared a quarterly dividend of $0.22 per share on a pre-split basis (adjusted to $0.044 per share on a post-split basis) to holders of common stock of the company. On an annualized basis the $0.22 per share quarterly dividend is increased over the semi-annual dividend declared in December 2014 of $0.32 per share by $0.24 per share or 38 percent and remains unchanged from the dividend declared in June 2015.
The record date for stockholders entitled to payment of the dividend will be the close of normal trading on October 1, 2015, with payment to occur by October 15, 2015.
The five for one stock split announced on September 1, 2015 remains in effect for holders on record as of October 2, 2015.
The common stock of Farmers Bankshares, Inc. trades on the NASDAQ market as an Over-the-Counter Bulletin Board stock under the symbol FBVA. Any stockbroker can assist with purchase of the company’s stock, as well as with sales of holdings.
Farmers Bank, founded in 1919, is headquartered in Windsor, VA, and is a full-service community bank which operates six branches throughout Western Tidewater Virginia. Additional information is available at the company’s website, www.farmersbankva.com.